Employment Law for Managers and Supervisors
This seminar is designed to help business managers, supervisors, team leaders, and others learn and apply the requirements of the major employment laws. All managers have a need to understand their legal obligations as employers. Many companies have learned that ignorance is no defense; in today’s environment, lack of knowledge of the law can lead to costly and time-consuming legal action.
What You Will Learn
- What is illegal discrimination
- What the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and the Equal Pay Act of 1963 require employers to do
- How the Civil Rights Act of 1991 impacts employers
- What the Americans with Disabilities Act requires employers to do
- What is meant by “reasonable accommodation” for religion and how this differs from what is required for disability
- Who is the EEOC and what they can and cannot do
- The meaning of “joint employment” relationships
- How the employment laws impact Interviewing, Selection, Compensation, and Discipline
- How to work with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- The importance of proper documentation
Get In Touch
We are looking forward to hearing from you!