Employee Relations Issues
Most employers hate dealing with employee relations issues. There is the conflict, the tension, the anger, the frustration, the time it takes, and the impact such issues have on employee morale and productivity. Unfortunately, employee relations issues rarely, if ever, get better when left alone. They just get worse.
So, what do you do when an employee says they are being harassed or bullied at work? Or you have a poor performer and are uncertain of how to proceed? Did you “inherit” a problem? Do you have an employee who has had many chances but still doesn’t perform as needed? Is someone constantly “pushing your buttons?” Or perhaps it’s an attendance issue.
Employee relations issues can be time-consuming and aggravating for all concerned. We have years of experience with the many aspects of :
- Helping with EEO charges, including investigation and writing position statements
- Internal investigations
- Discipline issues
- Performance Improvement Plans
- Employee Termination Issues
Did You Know That
- The main reason employees do not do what they are supposed to do is that they really do not know what they are supposed to do?
- Supervisors can unwittingly create a “contract” of employment, thus defeating Employment-at-Will?
- All conversations with an employee, which are disciplinary in nature or could lead to disciplinary action, need to be documented in writing?
- In a court of law, if something is not documented, it did not happen?
- A properly documented disciplinary action can defeat an unemployment claim?
- Employment-at-Will is limited? Actions such as discrimination, violation of public policy and employment contracts override Employment- at-Will.
Get In Touch
We are looking forward to hearing from you!