Compensation can be an administrative nightmare as well as a potential area for expensive lawsuits. We can help you design a fair and competitive pay plan.
We Can Provide
- Up-to-date Wage and Salary Surveys, tailored by industry, SIC code, and recruitment area. Data is available by years of experience for hourly and lower level salary employees, and by company revenue for upper level management. Date is available in many market percentiles, allowing the employer to see where they fall in relation to comparable businesses.
- Compensation System Design, including competitive base rates and incentives, comp-ratios, grading, and an analysis of problem areas with recommendations.
- Equal Pay compliance: We can help you make sure your compensation plan is not favoring one group/person over another without proper documentation in place.
- Wage and Hour compliance, including audits: Many employers have discovered that their overtime practices do not comply with the FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act). This preventable error can be enormously expensive for the unwary employer.
- Job Descriptions: Job Descriptions are the heart of any compensation plan. Done correctly, they are not only the primary tool for obtaining good matching salary data, but can also be a defense in the event of an ADA discrimination complaint. In addition to compensation uses, Job Descriptions are useful for:
- Job postings and recruitment
- Designing interview questions
- Screening candidates
- Training needs and training design
- Performance Evaluations
- Promotion decisions
- Disciplinary actions
- Unemployment protests
Get In Touch
We are looking forward to hearing from you!